The Sarpy County Fair Open Class Tractor & Truck Pull is open anyone. This is a fun event to watch as the Pullers compete on Thursday evening of the fair at 7:00 pm. Come on out and watch the competition at the south end of the fair grounds in the Motor Sports Arena. Buy Tickets.
PULLING CONTEST RULES
Thursday, August 1, 2019
Weigh-ins 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
(Motor Sports Arena: South Lot)
Entry Fee $20.00 Per Hook
LATE FEE ENFORCED AFTER 5:30 Weigh In-$10 Per Hook
Two Automatic X-Factor Sleds
Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd
NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
ALLOWED ON FAIRGROUNDS
Pull Starts 7:00 pm
(Motor Sports Arena)
$12 General Admission, $10 6-10 years of age, 5 & Under Free
Order of Pulls As of 6/19/19
- 5,500# Stock Pickup
- 9,500# Non-Turbo Tractor
- 11,500# Mod Farm Tractor
- 11,000# Pure Farm
- 11,000# Hot Farm
- 5,800# Street Modified Pickup
- 13,000# Mod Farm Tractor
- 13,000# Pure Farm
- 6,500# Street Modified Pickup
- 13,000# Hot Farm Tractor
- 15,000# Pure Farm Tractor
- 8,000# Stock Pickup
- 8,000# Street Modified Pickup
- 8,000# Modified Diesel Pickup-Open Turbo
Order Subject to change if necessary.
* Pit passes are available in the Motor Sports Complex which includes access to the grand stands the pits. Pit passes may be purchased in advance at sarpyfair.com or at the pit gate during the evening of the event for $20 per pass regardless of age. All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and all pit pass purchasers must sign a hold harmless agreement.
TRACTOR & TRUCK PULL RULES
- Contest to be governed by Judges, with all decisions final. Judges have the right to stop or disqualify any contestant tractor/truck if it is being operated in such a manner as would be considered unsafe. Operator must remain seated. Judges can disqualify anyone whose tractor/truck does not appear to be safe.
- Tractor/Truck may be rechecked after pull is completed if there is any question of rule violation.
- Tractor/Truck must remain in bounds at all times. Out of Bounds will result in disqualification. No measurement taken.
- If a class is restarted for any reason, all tractors/trucks that are registered in the class and have already pulled will be expected to re-pull.
- 5 MPH speed limit going to and returning from the sled.
- The Tractor/Truck Pulling Contest Committee has the right to accept or reject any or all entries.
- All drivers under 18 years of age must have parent’s written consent. All minors, under 18 years must wear a helmet. DRIVERS PULL AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- From the time you hook to the sled to the time you unhook from the sled, if any part falls from tractor/truck you will be DQ.
- No passengers allowed in tractor/truck when pulling down the track
- Contestants and Spectators WILL BE THERE AT THEIR OWN RISK.
TRACTOR PULL RULES:
- Weight includes driver. No weight changes or driver changes after weigh-in is completed. All weights must be bolted or fastened securely to tractor chassis. Tractors will be reweighed before entering arena for pull; this will be the official weight.
- On all Turbo Tractors exhaust stacks must discharge vertically. Absolutely No Curved Stacks on Turbo Tractors.
- Drawbar height maximum 20 inches from ground to top of drawbar. This will be rechecked before entering arena for pull.
- Any Tractor found to be unsafe or illegal may be disqualified and barred from hooking.
- No dual wheel tire chains or 4-wheel drive permitted.
- Only one pull allowed each contestant per class unless a tie is declared. Pull is ended when tractor engine stalls or forward motion stops. No jerking or hole digging allowed; slight bouncing permissible. Throttle must have over center stop.
- Any part falling off the tractor after being hooked and until the tractor is unhooked will result in disqualification.
- Draft controlled drawbars may be used as long as they never rise higher than 20”.** Drawbars may not be fastened to a 3 point hitch.
- All tractors must be equipped with a hood and grill.
- Gas, diesel or LP fuels only. No alcohol or nitrous oxide fuels or additives may be used in tractors.
-Pure Farm: Farm stock, no alterations, 20.8X42 or 18.4X46 max tire size, weight classes will differ, can turn fuel screw up.
-Mod Farm: 466 cubic inch (504 if Case), A pump or factory pump, 3LM 466 turbo or S2E for Deere’s, 20.8X38 or 18.4X42 max tire size (no cut tires), pressed steel wheels allowed, 20” drawbar height, wheelie bars, lift pumps allowed, 2800rpm limit
-Hot Farm: No cubic inch limit, 3X3 turbo max, 20.8 max tire width (no cut tires), pressed steel wheels allowed, wheelie bars, 3500rpm max if you have: air shutoff, tie bar, clutch blanket, 3000rpm if you don’t have. 20” drawbar height, A or P pump allowed, lift pumps allowed, water injection allowed, steel flywheel needed.
STOCK PICKUP RULES:
To qualify for stock class;
May ONLY have two of the following three items
- 4 barrel carburetor
- Aluminum intake
Example: If you have aluminum intake and 4 barrel carburetor, you are qualified for stock class. If you have ALL 3 of the above, you are automatically moved to street modified
- No blocking of Suspension.
- Maximum hitch height 30”.
- No Nitrous.
- No chips allowed in Diesel or Gas Pickups.
- Stock Diesel Pickups-absolutely NO smoke
STREET MODIFIED PICKUP RULES:
- Must have street tires(no bar tires)
- Maximum hitch height 30”.
- No dual rear wheels
- Blocking of suspension is allowed.
- No weights hanging out front, of front bumper *
Update: 8,000# MODIFIED DIESEL PICKUP
- Unlimited Turbos (Example: 2.6, 3.0, 3.6 or Twin Turbo)
- Single Rear Tire
- Stock Appearing Truck
- Front Hood Stacks Approved
- All Safety Equipment Required
- Weight bracket and weights allowed out front of front bumper